Saturday, September 10, 2016

My Favourite Book Quotes: Part I

   I have found many blog posts featuring compilations of well-loved book quotes, so I thought I would make a post of my own. I love reading a good book and coming across a sentence so perfect, so relevant, that I just have to stop and breathe a moment. This has happened to me more than once, and I couldn't possibly list all of the quotes from books I love. So this post will only feature a select few, but I'll publish part two sometime in the future!


 "...she (Elizabeth) wanted Mr. Darcy to account for his having ever fallen in love with her...'I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.' " Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

" 'I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses.' " Frances Hodgson Burnett, A Little Princess



"Or was this just what happened when you got older? Maybe growing up was really nothing more than growing away: from you old life, from your old self, from all those things that kept you tethered to your past." Jennifer E. Smith, This Is What Happy Looks Like

" 'If you want to know what a man's like,take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.' " J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire




No comments:

Post a Comment