Tuesday, September 22, 2015

5 Books That Would Make Great Movies

 

   Have you ever read a book and wished that it could be made into a movie or TV series?  I'm talking an in-depth, not leaving anything out adaption.  Of course, that rarely happens.  But I can dream, can't I?  Granted, there are a TON of books that I wish would be made into movies, but I narrowed the list down to my top five choices.

5. The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper
This is an amazing story about Kate, a teenager who gets the chance to spend the summer studying Shakespeare in Verona, Italy. There are amazing costumes, a giant maze, and a dash of romance. It reminds me of Letters to Juliet, but it spends more time talking about Shakespeare and a few of his plays. I would love if this was made into a movie because I want to see all of the costumes and settings that the book describes. Plus, it would be a clean, romantic teen movie, which I don't think there are currently enough of.

4. Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock
This is the first book of a four book Christian fiction series that is set in the small island town of Cape Refuge. The story follows the Owens family as their small town is shocked by multiple murders throughout the series. I love that we get to see the perspectives of the Owens sisters in this series as they go through various big life changes. I also love books that feature murder in a small town because the narrator normally is friends with the killer. I think this book would have great potential as a movie series!

3. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Three words can perfectly sum up this six book series. Girls'. Spy. School. Another teen romance book made my list, but this one includes lots of action, secrets, and intrigue. This series is well written, and I think it would easily translate into film. It's reminiscent of Alex Rider, except all of Cammie's friends know she's a spy, because they attend spy school as well. The only teen spy movies I've seen have been about boys. I think this would do well as a movie because it's got a female teen spy who's mother is the principal of said girls' spy school. As far as I can tell, Disney owns the movie rights for the book, and there was talk a few years ago about two producers who were interested in the series. This one might happen!

2. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones
Yes. I know. Another book by Jenny B. Jones is on my blog. To be honest, she is my favorite author! I would love for this book to be made into a movie because I love stories where the couple is just pretending to be a couple until they realize that they actually DO have romantic feelings for each other. Lucy runs a home for girls who have graduated out of the foster care system. Alex is an ex-football player who wants to run for office. Both are extremely sarcastic and can't really stand each other in the beginning. That's a pretty good basis for a successful rom-com!

1. The Homelanders Series by Andrew Klavan
Charlie goes to bed one night a normal teenager and wakes up tied to a chair in a completely empty room. And he just heard someone outside the door give the order to kill him! That's one of the many reasons as to why I believe that this would be a great movie (because that is the actual beginning of this series). Also, later in the book, Charlie comes to find out that he's a few years older than he remembers, and he doesn't regain his memories until the fourth book. He's like a teenage Bourne, just with a lot less killing. [Trust me, there are still plenty of scenes that include running from the cops, explosions, and kidnappings.] At one point, there were people working to make this into a movie, but for one reason or another it didn't happen. I still have hope though!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these books. The books pictured above are all owned by me (Except for Cape Refuge, which was my mom's. My version contains the first two books of the series.). I hope you enjoyed reading this list! Are there any books that you wish would be translated unto film? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment