Sunday, September 27, 2015

Easy GF French Toast in a Mug

  I recently found out that gluten was messing with my digestive system, and it was best if I ate gluten less often.  Since then, I have almost gone completely gluten free.  So, I have been coming up with creative ways that I can still eat the food that I enjoy most, sans gluten.  I have previously savored this recipe using whole grain bread, and I found that it works with gluten free white bread too.


What you need:
  • A mug (I use a giant mug)
  • 1 Tablespoon of butter
  • 2 Slices of bread (GF or whatever you prefer)
  • A separate bowl
  • 1 Egg
  • 3 Tablespoons of milk
  • A dash of cinnamon
  • ½ Teaspoon of sugar
  • A few drops of vanilla
  • Syrup (if you wish)
 {One of my favorite mugs.}
Directions
  1. Melt the butter in the mug by putting it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
  2. Cube (or rip) the bread into bite-sized pieces and place in the mug. {The egg mixture.}
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla with a fork.
  4. Pour over the bread, and let it sit for a minute so the bread can soak up the mixture.
  5. Put it in the microwave for approximately two minutes.
  6. Let cool.  Add syrup if desired.  Enjoy!


Note: I used 3 slices of gluten free bread since the slices were very small.  Remember: you may also use regular bread for this recipe as well.
Finished product!
I originally found this recipe here:

No comments:

Post a Comment