Saturday, July 2, 2016

Puppy Chow

I have discovered that I like to cook, but I prefer more simple recipes. Luckily, this is one of the simplest recipes for those I-need-something-sweet-right-now-for-a-binge-watching-session moments. I first made this recipe in a high school cooking class years ago. I absolutely love it! I will warn you, it's a bit messy. It wasn't too hard to make this recipe gluten free, since there are many different brands that sell GF rice or corn squares. You may also use regular wheat squares if desired. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Ingredients
  • 8 c. GF toasted rice squares (or really any type of Chex cereal)
  • 1 c. dark chocolate chips
  • ⅔ c. honey peanut butter
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
Directions

  1. Put the chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave for 1.  Stir and microwave 30 more seconds if not completely melted.
  2. Pour chocolate mix over cereal. Stir until everything is covered.
  3. Put the powdered sugar in a bag; add cereal-chocolate mix; seal, shake, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment