Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Review of "The Pastor's Daughter"

   I was contacted through Twitter by T. K. Ware asking if I would like to receive a free copy of his new book! I quickly accepted and was impressed enough by The Pastor's Daughter to share my thoughts here.

Synopsis
   An ill-advised relationship with a married man in the church sent Ebony down a path of regret, which led to an unplanned pregnancy. When the pressure of being the pastor's daughter and carrying a married man's child weighs upon her, emotions flare. Shortly afterwards, she threatens to publicize the entire affair, deciding to bear the consequences of the matter. Once her emotions settled, she saw from a different light.
   But the unexpected happens ...
   Because of shame and unprecedented conviction, Ebony is forced to confess as she battles with thoughts of betrayal to God, the church, and herself.


My Review
   I really liked how real this story felt. I truly did feel for Ebony and the mess that she was in. Although I liked seeing things from Ebony's point of view, I didn't care for the confessional chapters. I also found that there were a few grammar errors as well. I did like the way her parents and church handled the situation because it was very Christ-like. I'm afraid that that reaction doesn't happen too much in real life anymore. I also liked the sermon and Bible study parts of the story. I learned a thing or two from them and was curious enough to look up some of the verses myself. Overall, this was a nice, short read that was packed with a few life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment