Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Nook

 
   I purchased my Nook almost two years ago. So far, I love it! With it, I have:
  •  downloaded over 380 books,
  •  read about 70 different books on it (a few I have read more than once!),
  •  and taken it practically everywhere I go.
   It has always been a habit of mine to take a book with me wherever I go. I've taken books with me when I shop, travel, and go to school. In the past, I've broken purses because of the weight of my books. This was one of many reasons that I decided to purchase my Nook (I actually just keep it in my purse so I don't forget it). It is much lighter and smaller than physical books, which makes it easy to stuff in any sized purse or backpack. I have used it in one of my college classes, since the e-book was cheaper than a regular book. On breaks at work, I'd use it to pass the time. I don't need to be in WiFi to read. I just choose a book that's already downloaded and go.
 
   I chose the version I have because I knew if I had access to games and Facebook, I'd use those instead of reading on it. Since it is so small, I couldn't use it to download textbooks, but an app on my laptop from Barnes & Noble lets me download textbooks, which I found I liked more than physical versions.

   One of the biggest reasons that I decided to purchase an e-reader was because of discounted books. Out of all the books I own through my Nook, I estimate that I have paid for 30 of them. The rest I have downloaded for free! The free books have been from varying genres, authors, and time periods.

   While I adore my Nook, I do still buy "actual" books. I love both print and e-books and always will!

No comments:

Post a Comment